Nowadays, everything needs to be quick to match our pace of life. Yet, taking time to relax is (or should be) part of our daily routine for a healthier life. Taking a bath is an amazing and simple way to release stress and have some “me” time. So why not press pause for a minute to indulge your body and your mind? Here are a few tips we found to help you take full advantage of this moment you dedicate to yourself.
- Add baking soda to bath water if you have dry, itchy skin in the winter months.
- Add Epsom salt for inflammation, sore muscles, arthritis or hemorrhoid pain. It is also good for detoxification. I love using this after a good workout.
- Add oatmeal for skin rashes, poison oak and poison ivy.
- Aromatherapy (essential oils) is a great way to calm the mind and adds to the therapeutic benefit of a bath. Add 15 drops of eucalyptus to help with a common cold or sinus problems. There are also some great essential oil blends that can be added to bathwater to help your individual needs.
- Bath salts added to bathwater help promote healing for almost any skin condition.
- Herbal baths can be a great way to soothe tension and help promote healthy circulation. There are many great herbal bath blends that you can buy online or at your local health food store. Rosemary and milk thistle make a great herbal detox bath while Roman chamomile and lavender are perfect for relaxation. Pour herbs in a little pouch and soak in bathwater for 30 minutes to feel the stress melt away.
- Take a mud bath for detoxification. This might not be as relaxing as an herbal or salt bath, but it is a great way for the body to get rid of toxins. You can buy red clay or mud bath mix at your local health food store. Lather up in the mud or red clay and soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Dead Sea salt is another great product to add to bath water for detoxification and relaxation.
Read full article here